Client Services Manager
Client Services Manager - Surface Area + The List
We are currently seeking passionate, design-obsessed individuals to join the Surface team in Miami. The Client Services Manager will oversee member relationships for The List: the definitive directory of Surface-approved architecture and design firms, furniture and interiors brands, art houses, hospitality spaces and more. The Client Services Manager will be the face and the voice of the Surface and will be responsible for maintaining current clients and growing our customer base, keeping accurate correspondence records, meeting regularly with management, updating client details, developing relationships and recommending new opportunities. Their dedication to the needs of our clients will encourage loyalty and enhance our organization’s growth through positive client-to-business engagement.
This role will function out of our gallery in the Miami Design District, Surface Area, a shoppable showroom featuring hand-selected design objects and a curated art collection. The role will be integral in providing support on events, installs and marketing activities. Day-to-day, this person will serve as the ‘face of the gallery’ greeting visitors, artists and VIP guests as they enter the space and interact with art and products. They will help to create and maintain digital materials of the gallery, including but not limited to inventory systems, gallery catalogs, images, and more.
This person must be based in Miami. See more below and apply here.
Who We Are:
For nearly 30 years, the global design industry has looked to Surface as the trusted resource that sits at the intersection of creative disciplines. We believe the power of design shapes the world around us. Through incisive writing, engaging visuals, and an emphasis on process and craftsmanship, the Surface brand inspires, informs, and entertains readers while pointing them to the next big ideas in global design—Surface remains a bastion of taste, talent, and trust.
Who You Are:
You are someone who is passionate about design with an appreciation and understanding of architecture, art, fashion, travel and luxury. You are knowledgeable about industry leaders, emerging designers and rising trends. You are a mastermind who brings creative ways to deliver an exceptional client experience and find joy in finding ways to surprise and delight those around you.
Surface Area Responsibilities:
- Create an engaging customer experience that focuses on building relationships through the connection and relation of our brand and brand values
- Partner with internal executive, editorial and sales teams to conceptualize the vision and concept of the space
- Serve as a friendly and helpful associate who is knowledgeable about the gallery, its mission, program and artists
- Assist with in-store merchandising and retail displays
- Receive and organize shipments and packages
- Handling client calls, visits and follow ups
- Assist with the on-site execution of events and activations
- Be a critical thinker, problem solver and work well under pressure, proactively identifying potential challenges or barriers to execution, and delivering solutions prior to impact/delay
Client Services / Account Management:
- Manage all communication to/from The List community post-sale
- Create and maintain intake forms to ensure all client creative assets are organized and on-file
- Develop and maintain client custom journeys post-sale to ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Ensure internal CRM system is kept up-to-date with accurate insertion orders and client deliverables
- Create timelines and schedules for development and production: working with internal departments to deliver programs in a timely manner
Reporting and Analytics:
- Lead development of client campaign reporting, analytics and recaps
- Create and optimize case studies, testimonials, and quotes across varying mediums
- Maximize brand presence and reputation on customer reviews and rating platforms
- 5+ years prior experience in customer facing roles
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to anticipate the needs of clients
- Must demonstrate strong analytical thinking skills
- Should possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to make sound judgment calls
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of customer service programs and databases, or the ability to learn new software quickly
- Innovative, creative thinking skills to ensure the organization is providing a cutting edge client experience
For nearly 30 years, the global design industry has looked to Surface as the trusted resource that sits at the intersection of creative disciplines. Our mission is to cultivate an inclusive community rooted in collaboration and creative exchange, and set the agenda for what the design world will be talking about tomorrow.
Through incisive reporting and an emphasis on breaking news and trends, Surface brings clarity and authority to the industry’s most pressing issues, resulting in essential information that readers can't get anywhere else. Surface is dedicated to a deeper form of storytelling, taking our readers into the studios, processes, and minds of today’s foremost practitioners and underscoring design's power to change the world.
With our global network of contributors, Surface produces heavy-hitting content across numerous verticals, including our industry-leading Design Dispatch newsletter, custom content division Surface Studios, e-commerce site Design Dose, members-only platform for leading brands The List, and our Miami gallery and showroom Surface Area.
Surface is a content studio and media platform that looks at the world through the lens of design. We create best in-class content that champions the fields of architecture, art, design, fashion, and travel, with a focus on how these industries shape and are shaped by contemporary culture.
Surface EEO Statement:
Surface is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We stand against all forms of discrimination and do not tolerate it within our workplace, period.