Community Manager - The List
We are currently seeking passionate, design-obsessed individuals to scale and transform The List: the definitive directory of Surface-approved architecture and design firms, furniture and interiors brands, art houses, hospitality spaces and more.
The Community Manager will be the face and the voice of the Surface brand and will be responsible for maintaining current clients and growing our customer base, keeping accurate correspondence records, meeting regularly with management, updating client details, developing relationships and recommending new opportunities. Your dedication to the needs of our clients will encourage client loyalty and enhance our organization’s growth through positive client-to-business engagement. This role will also have a presence in our new physical space opening in the Miami Design District, Surface Area, a shoppable showroom featuring hand-selected design objects and a curated art collection.
This candidate must be based in Miami.
Who We Are:
For nearly 30 years, the global design industry has looked to Surface as the trusted resource that sits at the intersection of creative disciplines. We believe the power of design shapes the world around us. Through incisive writing, engaging visuals, and an emphasis on process and craftsmanship, the Surface brand inspires, informs, and entertains readers while pointing them to the next big ideas in global design—Surface remains a bastion of taste, talent, and trust.
Who You Are:
You are someone who is passionate about design with an appreciation and understanding of architecture, art, fashion, travel and luxury. You are knowledgeable about industry leaders, emerging designers and rising trends. You are a mastermind creative ways to deliver an exceptional client experience and find joy in finding ways to surprise and delight those around you.
Client Services / Account Management
- Manage all communication to/from The List community post-sale
- Create and maintain intake forms to ensure all client creative assets are organized and on-file
- Develop and maintain client custom journeys post-sale to ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Ensure internal CRM system is kept up-to-date with accurate insertion orders and client deliverables
- Create timelines and schedules for development and production: working with internal departments to deliver programs in a timely manner
Marketing / Social / Digital Promotion
- Maintain List community homepage on Surfacemedia.com
- Write and produce monthly / quarterly (TBD) List member newsletter
- Own content strategy and project manage posting of deliverables across multi-media platforms including Surfacemag.com, social media, digital newsletters, etc.
- Concept and maintain agency and customer referral programs
- Develop post-sale email marketing and client re-targeting sales campaign using MailChimp
Reporting and Analytics
- Lead development of client campaign reporting, analytics and recaps
- Create and optimize case studies, testimonials, and quotes across varying mediums
- Maximize brand presence and reputation on customer reviews and rating platforms
- 5+ years prior experience in customer-facing roles
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to anticipate the needs of clients
- Must demonstrate strong analytical thinking skills
- Should possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to make sound judgement calls
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of customer service programs and databases, or the ability to learn new software quickly
- Innovative, creative thinking skills to ensure the organization is providing a cutting edge client experience
Surface covers the worlds of architecture, art, design, fashion, and travel, with a focus on how these fields shape and are shaped by contemporary culture. Through incisive writing, engaging visuals, and an emphasis on process and craftsmanship, the Surface brand inspires, informs, and entertains readers while pointing them to the next big ideas in global design—Surface remains a bastion of taste, talent, and trust. And we’re always curious. For the past three decades while continually adapting to new digital media platforms, Surface has upheld the values of high-quality digital and print journalism. Surface offers a robust digital newsroom focused on art and design news from around the globe, a daily Design Dispatch newsletter with the latest trends, exclusive series like How It’s Made and Studio Visits that take a deep-dive into an artist’s or brand’s world, and hard-hitting profiles—all with the goal of providing you with the latest and freshest content in art and design.