Marketing & Sales Account Manager
Surface is looking to bring on a motivated, hard-working, and detail-oriented Marketing & Sales Account Manager to join our team. The Marketing & Sales Account Manager will be responsible for creating relevant sales materials (one sheets, decks, outlines for marketing sites, RFPs), campaigns for a 360 customer journey experience across Surface’s website and social channels, email marketing campaigns, paid social and internal brand campaigns, and more.
Who We Are:
For nearly 30 years, the global design industry has looked to Surface as the trusted resource that sits at the intersection of creative disciplines. We believe the power of design shapes the world around us. Through incisive writing, engaging visuals, and an emphasis on process and craftsmanship, the Surface brand inspires, informs, and entertains readers while pointing them to the next big ideas in global design—Surface remains a bastion of taste, talent, and trust.
Who You Are:
You are someone who is passionate about design with an appreciation and understanding of architecture, art, fashion, travel and luxury. You are knowledgeable about industry leaders, emerging designers and rising trends. You will have fluency with current marketing technology, strategies, and tools, and will enjoy creating the strategy, executing it, and finding learnings to enhance future performance and product creation. You will have a strong ability to assist the build of creative brand partnership packages in the digital media space, while also excelling at building decks that tell a strong and cohesive story.
- Work alongside Sales & Brand Partnership team to create and deliver proposals rooted in social, digital, and experiential activations
- Create relevant sales materials (one sheets, decks, outlines for marketing sites, RFPs)
- Lead brainstorm / strategy meetings sales and editorial team for inbound RFPs and proactive client proposals
- Partner with content & brand partnerships team to develop go-to-market brand strategies, while helping to forecast the revenue & brand growth potential
- Create media plans and paid social campaigns
- Develop email marketing and client re-targeting sales campaign using MailChimp
- Support editorial team in creating compelling social media content
- Create campaigns for a 360 customer journey experience across Surface’s website and social channels
- Create partnership recaps and case study reports using analytics reporting on sold programs
- Project management of all programs sold (digital, branded content, events and more)
- Timelines, scheduling, development and production: working with internal departments to deliver programs in a timely manner within pre-approved budget
- Creative trafficking for all programs sold
- Oversee the internal CRM program and process including insertion order, creative intake and placement, and report creation
- Work closely with influencer partners and lead coordination of logistics for partnerships and programs
- Hire and manage vendors/freelancers to execute partnership deliverables as needed
- Manage production budgets for all sold programs
- Other sales assistance as needed
- 3-5 years experience working in the pre-sale process, creating paid social, digital sales & event marketing activations
- Experience developing client relationships and supporting sales representatives (including creation of supporting materials, handling RFP requests, client presentations, and managing budgets for sold programs)
- Fluency in the language of digital media: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, engagements, etc.
- Fluency in the language of online measurement: uniques, page views, visits, etc.
- Ability to translate client KPIs into actionable campaign strategies
- Experience using MailChimp, Google Suite, Keynote and Adobe Suite for design mocks
- Detail oriented, data and deadline driven, and can easily prioritize your to-do list
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive attitude and able to anticipate needs of the sales team
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver individual client needs to a growing sales team
Surface covers the worlds of architecture, art, design, fashion, and travel, with a focus on how these fields shape and are shaped by contemporary culture. Through incisive writing, engaging visuals, and an emphasis on process and craftsmanship, the Surface brand inspires, informs, and entertains readers while pointing them to the next big ideas in global design—Surface remains a bastion of taste, talent, and trust. And we’re always curious. For the past three decades while continually adapting to new digital media platforms, Surface has upheld the values of high-quality digital and print journalism. Surface offers a robust digital newsroom focused on art and design news from around the globe, a daily Design Dispatch newsletter with the latest trends, exclusive series like How It’s Made and Studio Visits that take a deep-dive into an artist’s or brand’s world, and hard-hitting profiles—all with the goal of providing you with the latest and freshest content in art and design.APPLY