Marketing & Social Media Manager
Surface is looking to bring on a motivated, hard-working, and detail-oriented Marketing & Social Media Manager to join our team. The Marketing & Social Media Manager will be responsible for creating relevant sales materials (one sheets, decks, outlines for marketing sites, RFPs), campaigns for a 360 customer journey experience across Surface’s website and social channels, email marketing campaigns, paid social and internal brand campaigns, and more.
The ideal candidate will be based in New York or Miami.
Who We Are:
For nearly 30 years, the global design industry has looked to Surface as the trusted resource that sits at the intersection of creative disciplines. We believe the power of design shapes the world around us. Through incisive writing, engaging visuals, and an emphasis on process and craftsmanship, the Surface brand inspires, informs, and entertains readers while pointing them to the next big ideas in global design—Surface remains a bastion of taste, talent, and trust.
Who You Are:
You are someone who is passionate about design with an appreciation and understanding of architecture, art, fashion, travel and luxury. You are knowledgeable about industry leaders, emerging designers and rising trends. You are a mastermind who brings creative ways to deliver an exceptional client experience and find joy in finding ways to surprise and delight those around you.
- Develop marketing strategy across multiple touch points to increase traffic on SurfaceMag.com, optimize the distribution of our editorial content to drive the highest engagement, drive direct sign-ups for our newsletters and other products, and increase overall reach across digital platforms
- Draft marketing plans inclusive of: launch tactics, promotional strategy & calendar, marketing asset creation, and continuous engagement/analytics reporting
- Produce e-mail marketing and drip campaigns
- Design and implement social media strategies
- Assist brand partnerships team with creating sales pitches, decks, RFP, and media plan development
- Project management for paid partnerships - timelines, scheduling, development and production: working with internal departments to deliver programs in a timely manner within pre-approved budget
- Produce post-project recap reports, highlighting analytics to share with marketing, executive team and brands/partners for Design Dose, Design Dispatch and all existing Surface projects
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience developing client relationships and supporting sales representatives (including creation of supporting materials, handling RFP requests, client presentations, and managing budgets for sold programs)
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent writing, editing and communication copywriting skills
- Understanding of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with web and email marketing design
- Detail oriented, data and deadline driven, and can easily prioritize your to-do list
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver individual client needs to a growing sales team
Surface covers the worlds of architecture, art, design, fashion, and travel, with a focus on how these fields shape and are shaped by contemporary culture. Through incisive writing, engaging visuals, and an emphasis on process and craftsmanship, the Surface brand inspires, informs, and entertains readers while pointing them to the next big ideas in global design—Surface remains a bastion of taste, talent, and trust. And we’re always curious. For the past three decades while continually adapting to new digital media platforms, Surface has upheld the values of high-quality digital and print journalism. Surface offers a robust digital newsroom focused on art and design news from around the globe, a daily Design Dispatch newsletter with the latest trends, exclusive series like How It’s Made and Studio Visits that take a deep-dive into an artist’s or brand’s world, and hard-hitting profiles—all with the goal of providing you with the latest and freshest content in art and design.APPLY