Social Media ProducerSurface is looking to bring on a seasoned social media producer to revamp our social content and grow our audience across diverse platforms. The ideal applicant is on top of the latest social trends, loves storytelling as much as they love tracking analytics to improve process and growth, and has the ability to translate longer-form features into digestible and engaging visuals, videos, and digital experiences.
Experience working in (and a general understanding of) the design/luxury world is a plus.
Please reach out to Emily Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume to submit an application, or for any questions.
- Establish an ownable social strategy and editorial approach that delivers beats of always-relevant social content aligned with our marketing objectives
- Create social-specific franchises that tell the story of the Surface brand and our partners in a highly engaging and visual way
- Produce video content and static templates according to Surface’s brand guidelines that promote our editorial content in a digestible and engaging format
- Create, manage, and deliver upon a social-specific editorial calendar to ensure consistency and timeliness of content promotion across channels
- Collect, analyze, and use social data to inform decision making and growth strategies
- Lead Surface’s social marketing strategy for launching a paid subscription program across our social channels
- Creative versatility to pitch, write, and execute a wide variety of content types across various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
- Exceptional post-production and editing skills with knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Indesign, and Google Suite.
- Well-rounded production skills; ideal candidates can work in a fast-paced environment, turn around edits quickly and efficiently, and prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Ideal candidates will have experience handling deadline-dependent deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively, pitch ideas, and brainstorm productively both within a small marketing/partnerships team as well as within the larger editorial team.
- Experience with analytics reporting and growth strategy: understanding the best ways to track reach, impressions, engagement, etc. and apply that knowledge to establish an effective cross-channel social strategy to promote growth across platforms.
- A general understanding of consumer journeys – how the user travels to/from social to our website, newsletters, e-commerce platform, etc. and how to re-engage and retarget them through various campaign strategies.
- 5+ years of related experience in creative brand content / video production.
- Editing / post-production and copy-editing / proofreading skills are a must.
- Prior experience working on branded content social campaigns and paid partnership posts (pitching, producing and posting).
- Strong knowledge of all modern social media and content-sharing platforms, including but not limited to: (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Ability to work in a small team – the ideal candidate can juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and is willing to jump in to help with new or ancillary projects as needed.
- Ability to work and pivot quickly in a fast-paced news environment
- Able to execute the ideas of the newsroom and business, and lead the way with ideas of your own