- • Information obtained when you (“you” or “User” ) visit the www.surfacemag.com website (this “Site”).
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We require you to provide certain information about yourself if you register with this Site or request products and services. We also collect information when you participate in contests and surveys, when you respond to requests for feedback and when you submit postings to public areas of this Site (e.g., blogs, moderated discussions and bulletin boards).
The information we collect may include information from which you may be personally identified (“Personally Identifiable Information”), such as name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address, and certain business information such as employer name, occupation, job function, job title and buying information (e.g., preferences or history). We also will collect credit card and related information when you request a product or service (including, if applicable, registering for the Site) for which there is a charge. This Site only collects Personally Identifiable Information with your knowledge.
When you visit this Site, we may collect the IP address of your computer. We also use automatic data collection technology to record other information that identifies your computer and tracks your behavior on this Site. Methods used to collect this information may include “cookies” and “clear GIFs” (also known as “pixel tags” or “beacons”). A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Most browsers allow Users to block the receipt of cookies, but doing so may compromise your ability to use certain features of this Site. A clear GIF is a small graphic image, typically used in connection with cookies, that is placed on a website or in an email message. A clear GIF can monitor certain user behavior, such as your usage of the website, whether you opened an email message or whether you clicked on a URL in an email message. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information in this way, but if you provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically.
Some of the materials included on this Site, including advertising, may be served by third parties. These third parties, in the course of serving such materials, may collect information regarding your use of this Site and how you respond to e-mail communications, using methods that may include automatic data collection, and may use this information in order to present advertisements or other content that may be of interest to you on both this Site and other websites. Collection, use, disclosure, and security of information collected by third parties are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties. If you would like more information about this practice or to opt out of having this information used by certain third-party ad servers to provide targeted ads, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personally Identifiable Information collected on this Site for the following purposes:
- • To provide you with this Site and other products and services.
- • To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes regarding this Site.
- • To provide you with e-mail, fax and other notices (such as expiration and renewal notices) regarding your account and the products or services that you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes.
- • For any other purpose disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent.
We also may use your information to better understand our Users and to improve our Site. For example, we may use this information to determine what portions of this Site are most popular and the demographics of our Users generally. Cookies and other User information also enable us to customize your experience on the Site. We may use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers or to administer our Site. We may also use IP addresses to help identify a User during a particular session and to gather data regarding use of this Site.
We may use the information you provide us to send you e-mail, fax and other communications on behalf of Surface Magazine LLC and our affiliates. These communications may include e-mail newsletters, as well as offers for other Surface Magazine LLC services. All email newsletters will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving future issues of the newsletter. All promotional offers will include an opportunity to opt out of receiving future promotions from the brand whose product/service is being promoted.
We also may use your information to send you e-mail and other communications on behalf of third parties. Each of these communications will include instructions for opting out of receiving future third party offers from us. You may also opt out of receiving third party offers from this Site at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “opt out – third party.”
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated, anonymous statistics about many Users, and individual information that is not Personally Identifiable Information without restriction as long as no individual is identifiable by the information disclosed, and otherwise will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information except as follows:
- • Name and/or business name and title (but not information by which you may be contacted (i.e. name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address) in representative lists of our magazine circulation and/or website membership, but not for further use or dissemination by the recipient.
- • To third parties engaged to provide services under contractual requirement to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only to perform the services.
- • Portions of this Site may be provided as “Premium” or “Sponsored” content. Premium or Sponsored content is made available to Users on the condition that we may share certain of the User’s registration information with the Premium or Sponsored content’s sponsors and advertisers and/or their service providers. We will always disclose when you are registering or being provided with Premium or Sponsored content.
- • To other third parties (and/or to their service providers on their behalf) to market their products or services under contractual requirement to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only to market and provide their products or services. You may opt out of such disclosures by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line: “do not disclose.”
- • To any successor pursuant to an asset sale, merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation, or other similar transaction involving Surface Magazine LLC or this Site.
- • When we believe such disclosure is required by law, regulation or securities exchange requirement or for the protection of persons or property.
- • When disclosure is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which you provide it.
We use reasonable safeguards to protect Personally Identifiable Information we collect on this Site from unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. However, due to the design of the Internet and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Right to Access and Change Information
You may view and update information that you previously submitted to this Site by visiting the newsletter or website registration page for this Site, or which you submitted to request a print publication, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, a request to change information may not be accommodated if the request would conflict with legal requirements or result in incorrect information. Requests to view or change personal information may take a few days to process.
We encourage you to refer to the privacy policies, if any, of those sites.
This Site is operated by:
3921 Alton Road, Suite 413
Miami Beach, FL 33140
The List Terms and Conditions
By submission of materials or otherwise participating in The List, Representatives agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including all membership eligibility requirements.
At this time, participation in the List is by invitation only.
How to Qualify:
If you meet the membership eligibility requirement, visit the List website and follow the instructions to complete and submit your List entry documents and assets (“Entry”) in its entirety along with the required processing fee.
Persons responsible for Entry submittal will be designated as the member representative (“Representative”) and all List correspondence will be directed to the contact information provided by the Representative.
Entries must be in English and conform to the specs outlined on the submission page.
Surface Media reserves the right to reject submissions and request alternate materials from Representatives.
By entering, Representative grants Surface Media the non-exclusive licence to publish, display, exhibit, digitize, or otherwise use all elements of the Entry in any media for any purpose, including but not limited to, advertising or promotion of the List, in perpetuity.
Surface Media grants List members an annual non-assignable, non-exclusive license to use The List assets provided with membership for their brand advertising and promotion during active membership. The List assets are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights of both the United States and foreign countries.
Active membership requires all membership fees to paid in full and in accordance to the terms provided in your invoice. Surface Media reserves the right to revoke membership for delinquent accounts.
Membership will renew automatically after one year, unless Representative informs Surface Media of their desire to end their membership at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of the term. No refunds will be made available if member decides to end their membership prior to the end of the term.
Warranties: The Representative warrants:
- Representative has full authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement;
- All elements of Entry[ies] submitted are original and are not copied from any other work and do not infringe upon the rights of any third party and/or business, and to the extent any elements were created by a third party (“Third Party Participant”), all necessary licenses and permissions have been obtained by the Representative from the Third Party Participant for their use;
- Entry[ies] does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
By submitting an Entry, you agree to accept these Terms and Conditions; you further agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Surface Media, its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and other individuals engaged in the development or execution of the List, from any liability, claims, losses, and damages arising out of or relating to your participation in the List.
These Terms may be revised from time to time. The changes will not be retroactive, and the most current version of the Terms will govern our relationship with you. Representatives will be notified by email of any material revisions to these Terms.
These Terms shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of New York.